I draped the fabric, which is a drop sheet from the hardware store that looks like the beautiful burlap linen I have (but much cheaper), over the top of the sofa base and used the front as a guide to start me off.
Once I was happy with that I put some pins along the back of the sofa to hold it in place.
The same was done along the arms of the sofa. I also drew little guides where the corners are to make it a little easier when the cutting, pinning and sewing began. Then all I done was traced along the edges and grooves of the sofa, matched up the lines and pinned.
And here it is with the back and base cushions on. This photo is really brassy looking because I forgot to take one in the daylight, so had to use the flash and Mic was sitting on it, so I didn’t get to fix the cushions for the photo…but I hope you get the picture.
So, after all of that (and a quote of approx $2500.00+ for the two sofas to be covered) it only cost me $68.00 and 5 hours time over 2 days…and I even have enough fabric left to do the other sofa! Now I can have my cup of Coffee in this lovely squishy “new” sofa.