Stitched….

Made in France book
Is there anything more beautiful than white stitching on linen?
Well, there probably is but I am smitten with everything embroidered and even more so if it is vintage.

white sense

For those of you that have figured me out, I do love linen and I do love embroidery (and this cushion above).
I have quite a lot of pieces of said loveliness and always want more.

white sense
Now, I am not one to want the fussy,multi coloured kind. For me it either has to be plain white on white…

Like this or, white on a natural linen.
As for the type of work that always catches my eye that would be anything in text- initials, one letter and the like. I do love floral work too…but also in white.

It is books like Made In France that have made this art form gain ground again and turned it from something beautiful that Gran done in the day that you thought was impatiently impossible, into something very attainable, try-able, and chic.
I am adding this book and any embroidery/cross stitch book to my Santa list for this year (must get on to making that list)…and possibly some more hours in the day.
Wonder if Santa can provide?white sense
loving this lamp cover. Is it because it has an ‘L’, or the fact I have a lamp base almost the same as this – colour too!
…hmmmm!!

white sense
Do you think I would be able to make something like this?
I need a little push to give it a go. This cushion/pillow cover I am very in love with and would love to have some for our sofa, or bed.

Also loving the curtains!

And look how perfect they look with the lamp shade cover =0)

…but I would just be happy to have me some of these cushions.
maybe I will give it a go.
Sorry for my embroidery love ramblings today,

just smitten!

Comments

comments

24 Responses to Stitched….
  1. melissa.williamson
    October 19, 2010 | 9:45 am

I have this book – Made in France. Definately add this to the Christmas wishlist it is awesome even for the non-stitchers like myself!

2. Ness Lockyer
    October 19, 2010 | 10:18 am

Will do Mel. You of all people know what you are talking about.

3. Daydream Living
    October 19, 2010 | 10:20 am

Beautiful post Ness!
    Maureen x

4. URUGUAY LIFE - WHITE LIFE
    October 19, 2010 | 10:29 am

I’m speechless – once again! So beautiful. This book I must have! Thank you for the tip.

The floor in the third picture is a dream. I would immediately take. We have laminate flooring in the bedrooms and dogs with big claws – impossible!

Hugs

VINTAGE

P.S. I think you get post in the next days.

5. Jenny
    October 19, 2010 | 10:30 am

It is all lovely Ness. I love linen and these images are gorgeous. 😉

6. sissie
    October 19, 2010 | 11:09 am

Nothing makes me happier than beautiful white linens and if they are monogrammed then I love them even more!
    I would love to have one of everything in your photos.

hugs
    Sissie

7. One Shabby Old House
    October 19, 2010 | 11:12 am

This makes me wonder how many beautiful white monogramed linens came out of the linen closet today because of your post.
    They are glorious.

8. JANE
    October 19, 2010 | 11:33 am

Ah, Ness, you’re a woman after my own heart. That book is one of my most prized possessions. There are heaps more in the series – Bleu, Rouge, Anges, Coeurs, Vert, Rose and A Rainbow of Stitches. Heaven! J x

9. Laura @ 52 FLEA
    October 19, 2010 | 11:54 am

Gorgeous linens…love monograms and text and ruffles…pretty post! I will have to check out the book! 🙂

10. Sarah Elizabeth
    October 19, 2010 | 11:58 am

You’ve inspired me to hunt out my rusty embroidery needles and get stitching. I think Made in France will have to be added to my Santa list too!

11. Sarah @ Modern Country Style
    October 19, 2010 | 2:55 pm

I too adore monogrammed vintage linen. Or new for that matter. As long as it’s gorgeously embroidered then I don’t mind!

12. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    October 19, 2010 | 4:14 pm

Such gorgeous pictures! All the embroidery is so pretty 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful week!
    XO

13. Life in the Country Lane
    October 19, 2010 | 4:20 pm

Yes I know you can make any of these lovely images. As I enjoy one of your gorgeous cushions I know how clever you are. Give it a go I say. Hope you get your wish list.
    Rebecca x

14. AntiqueChase
    October 19, 2010 | 4:54 pm

lovely!

15. * French Farmhouse 425 *
    October 19, 2010 | 7:47 pm

~B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L~

16. Allison
    October 19, 2010 | 8:26 pm

Gorgeous photos. So feminine and fresh! I know you could sew any one of those and do a stunning job. I love white embroidery on white linens. That book looks lovely!

17. raffaella
    October 19, 2010 | 9:28 pm

Really beautiful post, Ness…

Have a nice day!

Raffaella/http://www.melogranoantico.blogspot.com

18. Leah - The Inside Story
    October 19, 2010 | 10:03 pm

It is a beautiful book Ness, I have this book and I have even attempted a few projects from it and I am no sewer that’s for sure. The pictures alone are enough to get a novice like me started. Beautiful!

19. Tina
    October 19, 2010 | 10:34 pm

Gorgeous book and absolutely heavenly pics! I have made both styles of lampshades Ness and you could do them in your sleep!! I would love to see what you make, you know I share your love (ok obsession) with all things monogrammed 😀 Hope you are having a wonderful week, lovely ~ Txx

20. mondo cherry
    October 20, 2010 | 1:01 am

I wish my linen cupboard just had piles of beautifully embroidered white vintage linens. I would then be a pleasure to sort!
    Clare x

21. Amy Kinser
    October 20, 2010 | 2:10 am

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing the lovliness.

22. Kyandra
    October 20, 2010 | 9:59 am

Such a beautiful post Ness..thanks for sharing the joy! Kym X

23. Annette
    October 20, 2010 | 10:26 am

Love all those pictures of white on white, especially those embroidered white linens. I’d love to make some pillowcases like those too..go on I’m sure you could do it!

24. le@thirdontheright
    October 24, 2010 | 12:08 am

I adore those bedrooms – what a delight ! Ness I have just found a designer who I think you might like – Gretchen Hillhouse – her ceramics remind me of you best le