Olive Grove In Manhattan NY

For those of you who have followed me for a while will know how much I love the styling and decorating of Olive Grove Retreat.
This divine slice of Provence was right here in Australia, Heathcote Victoria to be exact. Just over an hour from Melbourne and a heartbeat from France.
Sadly, OGR is no more. Its doors where stylishly closed to the public back in 2009, but it is still owned by Hairstylist Lazarus (Wesley) Douvos.

There are so many elements from this retreat that I fell for immediately.
The chalky hues, loads of white

The bagged walls, French fittings (a claw foot bath just like mine)

Serious charm

and the magic of thinking you are worlds away with the soft scent of Lavender wafting by on a warm evening, when you are actually not far from one of the busiest cities in Australia!

The interior  is just perfect…truly.
So, the other night while going through tonnes of emails I found one from the owner of this gorgeous slice of the earth, Lazarus!
Telling a little about the closure of the retreat and the move to NY. The two places couldn’t be any further away!!
I also got a sneak peak in to Lazarus’ equally stunning Manhattan apartment.
here it is….

The first thing that sprung to mind here was ‘Tricia Foley’…immediately!
It is stunning…and you know I LOVE Tricia =0)

There are so many hints of Olive Grove Retreat as well…with a New York edge.

Lazarus, I am glad you are still lovin the tufting!!!

…and that panelling is divine…

ahh…it’s Olive Grove all over =0)
This image, although a little blurry is a constant on my mood/inspiration board and fills me with ideas every time. I thank you for that Lazarus, and for letting me peak into your new Retreat on the other side of the world.
I hope you get back to Olive Grove soon.

Comments

comments

16 Responses to Olive Grove In Manhattan NY
  1. janine
    March 25, 2011 | 11:01 am

Oh WOW Ness,

Seriously, I remember this featured in a magazine and reading the article about the retreat and Lazarus. What is not to love. It is hard to tell but I am gushing right now…..I nearly squealed out loud when I saw the Manhattan apartment. All that panelling on the wall is Tricia, so I know what you mean.

What I want to know is how come it’s still not big here, no we just go for boring plaster (yawn). I swear if I ever built a house it would have beadboard or any panelling, really not fussy!! I might add in every room of the house….I am so glad Lazarus got in touch with you and you shared this with us here. Thanks, (insert girly squeal).

Have a great weekend.

Take care
    Janine
    XXOO
    N.W. Coast Tassie

Could I be so lucky as to be your first commenter?????? lol

2. le@thirdontheright
    March 25, 2011 | 11:05 am

wow again Ness :) what great images – your love of all this delighful shines thru as always – best le xox

3. Jenny
    March 25, 2011 | 11:10 am

What a shame he moved to New York! 😉

4. Divine Theatre
    March 25, 2011 | 12:31 pm

I could steal so many lovely ideas from this singular post!

5. Suzanne of Pieced Pastimes
    March 25, 2011 | 3:35 pm

Love all the inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

6. Bente
    March 25, 2011 | 4:32 pm

I specially like the photo with the bed outside, but all of them is nice.

Have a great weekend.

Bente

7. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    March 25, 2011 | 4:37 pm

I just want to curl up on that bed outside and sleep ZZZZZZZZ
    XO
    Kristin

8. beachcomber sydney australia
    March 25, 2011 | 8:43 pm

how gorgeous!

9. uruguay white life
    March 25, 2011 | 9:32 pm

What a dream of bathroom! Yes, yes, yes – I dream of it… next week, next year, in ten years or in my next life … I’m sure, at some point this dream comes true! 😉

Enjoy this weekend and big hugs

Tine

10. Jodi
    March 25, 2011 | 11:30 pm

Simply beautiful! I LOVE that tablecloth in the first picture!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jodi

11. laura
    March 26, 2011 | 12:21 am

Hi Ness, all such very, very beautiful spaces… thankyou for sharing these. Love the new look of your blog too, its just so very you!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Laura xx

12. chateaudelille
    March 26, 2011 | 2:25 am

What a shame that its not open still. I would have been there in a flash. Oh well, such is life I suppose. Fiona

13. Allison
    March 26, 2011 | 7:29 am

Olive Grove was heavenly…so beautiful and peaceful. Such pretty images, Ness.

14. Jones
    March 27, 2011 | 10:04 pm

GORGEOUS blog. Absolutely stunning. Keep up the great work! Chic Rooms

15. Debra Lawry
    September 22, 2013 | 7:05 am

Hello,
    I am in the process of purchasing The Olive Grove retreat and returning it back to it’s former glory.
    It is currently just a shell and very overgrown -devastating to see it like that but it’s beauty is still there, the location and the views are simply amazing.
    I too fell in love with this property many years ago after reading an article on it in Vogue Entertaining and Travel and actually tried to stay on many occasions but it was booked out.
    Heathcote is thriving and so lacking quality accomodation.
    I will send through pics of our work in process.
    Debra

• Ness Lockyer
      September 22, 2013 | 9:11 pm

Hi Debra,
      I am sooooo glad to hear this and thank you for contacting me. I would love to see your progress and would love to write about it hear as I know a lot of my followers loved Olive Grove as much as I do.
      Good luck, take care and please keep in touch.