The Humble Chalkboard…

Chalkboard paint and chalkboards in general are on my mine right now

This one in particular is inspiring me to no end
My love of Botanic Prints, Text and the humble chalkboard are
combined with loads of white
…..whats not to love, right?

Of course Pottery Barn have made a board which not only is simple and
stylish, but very practical.
What a great idea- the rails to not only hang extras from, but break up
the day into segments
…and who can resist a Chandelier??

Comments

comments

20 Responses to The Humble Chalkboard…
  1. tinajo
    March 21, 2011 | 10:21 am

I love the look of chalkboards, it really adds a great touch to most rooms! :-)

2. Me too!!! So much fun and practical too xox

3. Blithely Unaware
    March 21, 2011 | 10:40 am

I sometimes spend extra time in bed… just gazing at our chandelier. Love them.

Chalkboards are such a great idea to brighten up a kitchen and SUCH an easy DIY.

4. sissie
    March 21, 2011 | 10:50 am

Hi Ness!
    Chalkboards are pretty fancy these days. I would love to have the Pottery Barn one but I’m thinking it’s probably very expensive.

Have a beautiful week sweet friend.

hugs
    Sissie

5. Red Door Home
    March 21, 2011 | 12:50 pm

I have a few chalkboards in my house and really like them. It is fun for the kids to draw pictures as the season change. It allows us to have an every changing art diaplay!

6. The Regatta Beach Shack
    March 21, 2011 | 1:03 pm

Hi Ness, I must say i can not live without a chalkboard in our home. I have painted our pantry door and It is fabulous. I also made one for the nook at our farm house out of an old picture frame just like the pottery barn one. Went to lifeline found a massive old painting in a frame took the picture out and painted the backing that way you can also use it as a pin board as well. Sx

7. Nancy's Notes
    March 21, 2011 | 1:28 pm

I think I need a chalkboard now!

Happy Spring

Nancy

8. Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
    March 21, 2011 | 2:24 pm

Hi Ness- I love the pb board, I haven’t seen that one…must be living under a rock :)
    I hope your week is off to a great start! Can’t wait to see your creations with your new machine, I know they will be beautiful!
    XO
    Kristin

9. A Gift Wrapped Life
    March 21, 2011 | 2:39 pm

I have been meaning to do the chalkboard wall for the longest time……….off to buy the paint and just do it. Much love and hope all is well. XO

10. laxsupermom
    March 21, 2011 | 2:57 pm

I love that first pic! I like changing up what I have on our kitchen chalkboard, right now it’s Family Rules, but I think it’s about time for a change. Thanks for sharing these pics.

11. Bente
    March 21, 2011 | 6:22 pm

I love Chalkboards too. I have painted the door betveen the kitchen and the livingroom with chalkboardpaint. Have a nice evening. PS. Hope my english is not too bad.

12. Jodi
    March 21, 2011 | 6:32 pm

Great inspiration shots, I love chalkboards too.

Jodi

13. Leah - The Inside Story
    March 21, 2011 | 8:55 pm

Hi Ness, We have very similar taste, love the chalkboard look and chandeliers. Leahx.

14. beachcomber sydney australia
    March 21, 2011 | 9:51 pm

lovely chalkboard inspiration!

15. Georgie
    March 21, 2011 | 11:25 pm

That bottom picture is gorgeous… warm, inviting colours… I can imagine sitting down under that board and enjoying a beautiful, simple meal. G x

16. Allison
    March 22, 2011 | 5:23 am

I like the Pottery Barn chalkboard and love that chandelier! I hope you’re having fun with your new sewing machine. Have a great week, Ness.

17. The Moerks
    March 22, 2011 | 7:55 am

That is a very fancy pants blackboard. I have a big one on the go at the moment. Maybe I should incorporate one of the hanging pockets into it. Hmmmm food for thought.

18. hometown girl
    March 22, 2011 | 12:35 pm

gotta love the chalkboard! i’m off to the thrift store to buy this great frame i passed on last week, to turn into a chalk board hopefully it’s still there! susan

19. Killiecrankie Farm
    March 24, 2011 | 6:24 am

aren’t they lovely examples !
    oh so many choices !

20. New England Fine Living
    March 24, 2011 | 7:06 pm

Each house I move into, I say…”I am going to put up a large chalkboard” I have yet to do it for myself, only my clients. There’s always tomorrow! Thanks for sharing the pictures for inspiration.