Ticked this off my list today….

mari eriksson
Inspired by beautiful storage cupboards the last few weeks had lead me to open our pantry and decide it was time for a clean out.

A few boxes of charity items later and a good clean out with Peppermint oil left me with a clean slate.
(It is Mouse season here in the country and they don’t like Peppermint)

Our island and dining table looked like an ironstone sale!

This side of the pantry used to hold cookbooks, candles, Cd’s and loads of ‘stuff’. It always annoyed me.
Now all of my white serving ware have a nice home.

Ah! Much better.
One day this old 70’s pantry will get a paint job on the inside, but I kind of like the wood against the white
…for now.
So, I finally ticked that off my mile long ‘to do’ list =0)
I hope you all have a safe and happy Holiday break, whatever you may be doing.

Comments

comments

18 Responses to Ticked this off my list today….
  1. The Moerks
    April 23, 2011 | 7:56 am

HI Ness, I did not know about the peppermint thing for mice. We live in the country too and get the occaisional one. It is very annoying. Do you just wipe some on the shelves? I love a good clean up and tidy, well done. Happy Easter to you and yours. deb

2. Flick,
    April 23, 2011 | 8:45 am

It looks beautifully neat.. I too love a good clean out, even while in the caravan! Enjoy your Easter break.
    Flick xo

3. Posie Patchwork
    April 23, 2011 | 8:55 am

Looks AMAZING. I think school holidays are just for me to get the house back into ship shape organisation. All that white en masse looks fabulous – the retro faux wood work just adds to the charm. Love Posie

4. Down that Little Lane
    April 23, 2011 | 10:51 am

Isn’t it just soooo satisfying!! Looks fab too. Have a great Easter x

5. Red Door Home
    April 23, 2011 | 11:42 am

It always is such a great feeling to get a project completed that has been on the to do list. I am sure you will enjoy your newly organized pantry. It looks wonderful.

6. AK-Magnolia House
    April 23, 2011 | 12:40 pm

So your getting spring fever!! What a fun time of year! My family and I are finally moving from the Cayman Islands back to Charleston, SC. We are no longer building though….we found our dream home instead. I am going to love filling my pantry…..neatly!! Happy Easter!
    AKxo

7. Karen
    April 23, 2011 | 1:00 pm

It looks so tidy and organized! Those kind of projects make you feel good upon completion!
    Happy Easter to you!
    Karen

8. Windlost
    April 23, 2011 | 7:22 pm

Oh, I know that felt good. I love a good organized closet or pantry or drawer, only if it is inly me who appreciates it….

Clutter be gone!! You have so many pretty things!

xo Terri

9. Beadboard UpCountry
    April 23, 2011 | 8:04 pm

Hi Ness!
    Good for you! I think we all have our to do lists like that! Looks much better.!!!Happy Easter! Maryannexo

10. sissie
    April 23, 2011 | 10:07 pm

Looks so pretty in there now that I would leave the door open all the time. Very pretty.

hugs
    Sissie

11. Cozy Little House
    April 23, 2011 | 11:41 pm

It looks very nice and organized. I did the same thing recently. I love to visit your blog. Your banner makes me smile.
    Brenda

12. B is building a house
    April 24, 2011 | 1:14 am

So neat and organised. And pretty to look at. Well worth the effort :)

Happy Easter

B

13. KarenSue
    April 24, 2011 | 12:49 pm

Isn’t it funny the way things annoy you when it’s just not right and then you fix it!
    I learned about peppermint oil from you today.
    Happy Easter!

14. z potrzebywnetrza
    April 24, 2011 | 11:59 pm

Happy Easter

15. Recycled Relix
    April 25, 2011 | 4:29 am

Wow! Love your blog, nice to see you are in Tassie…. will follow and enjoy…. Thanks Cathy

16. vosges paris
    April 25, 2011 | 6:13 pm

hope you had a freat eastern weekend as well;) I shopped for some blues today instead of squeezing my self in a train to the coast today 😉

17. Ness Lockyer
    April 26, 2011 | 7:43 am

Yes Perrpermint oil works a treat and smells divine. I just sprinkled drops around the egdes or the cupboards, some put it in a little dish that you can top up and if the Perrermint is a little heavy for you, mix it with Lavender oil which aids digestion…perfect for the eating areas.

18. Ness Lockyer
    April 26, 2011 | 7:44 am

Not spring fever. It is Autumn here in Australia so Autumn fever ;0) I get this bug in Autumn and Spring. Just sets me up for the colder/hotter months to have lovely organised things to look at =0)