Chalkboard wall, and shelves….

Over the break I have had a little clean out, re-organise of the workroom we affectionately call
“The Sweat Shop”
Lately, well for a long time, I have been wanting a blackboard wall but didn’t know where to put it at the time.
I found just the spot the other day!
Here is the wall before,

….here it is after.
You will see that I have changed the room around…again!
That is one of the great things about The Sweat Shop,
it is so changeable!
Depending on what I am working on, everything can be moved.

My office table is against the wall at the moment and I am thinking that this is where it will stay
(don’t quote me on that though)
While I was busy doing all of this, I was also building DIY shelving units to house the masses
of clay tags waiting to be cured.

you know the ones you get at the Hardware store?
Yep, those. They are brilliant.
There are tonnes of tags on the shelves now…piles and piles.
I love looking at them all stacked high in their respective piles, all sorted into shapes, collections etc.
It is satisfying.
My Dad made some fabric shelves for me too, so now I have all of my linens in colour blocks, fabric types, vintage groups etc…I love to be organised.
I can honestly say now that I have NO idea how I functioned without these new shelves.
I think I need some more!
Do you have loads of storage?

13 Responses to Chalkboard wall, and shelves….
  1. Sarah B
    January 4, 2012 | 11:18 am

It all looks great! That blackboard wall will be so handy.
    Yes, luckily I have a studio/sewing/art room with a wall of storage that we built. Boy, it was really hard work but I love it!

2. Tanja "tana per tutti"
    January 4, 2012 | 11:35 am

what a wonderful idea the blackboard next to the office table!!
    The necklace on the black storage is made of wood??? Do you make it?
    I have to sew/create in our kitchen, but this year we will close a huge “logde” on the first floor and I will finally have my own “atelier”!!!!

3. ❀ JoAnne
    January 4, 2012 | 12:24 pm

Your chalkboard is great and I really love your little chandelier over your desk. I always feel so much better when things are organized so I know how you feel! Love your clay tags too!

4. Pine Tree Home
    January 4, 2012 | 1:41 pm

Hah. I bought chalkboard paint years ago and never decided where to put it either. Like how yours is the perfect space by your desk.

5. The Polished Pebble
    January 4, 2012 | 4:46 pm

I like your new black board too but the shelving is perfection!

Happy New Year!

best, Kelley

6. Gretchen
    January 4, 2012 | 7:39 pm

It’s gorgeous! Who wouldn’t want to work in there?

7. The Moerks
    January 4, 2012 | 11:56 pm

You can never have too much storage. I always love a blackboard. Yours is huge! It will be so handy.

8. sissie
    January 5, 2012 | 12:41 am

Oh wow, I love the wall turned into a big chalkboard!!! You have a wonderful and very organized workroom. I’m inspired to do something about mine!

9. Jane, Naples, Florida
    January 5, 2012 | 1:19 am

I love the chalkboard wall! Perfect!

Flora Doora

10. janine
    January 6, 2012 | 12:25 am

As we speak (!!!) the computer guy has just pulled out of the driveway…..I have had a sick computer for the last week. AAAAHHH so good to be back!!

Loved seeing the photo’s of your ‘sweat shop’. All looking fabulous. Pretty lucky here, have built ins in the bedroom etc., linen closet in the hallway and a little room off the kitchen for the pantry. I’m lucky than some, it gets filled up pretty quickly if you don’t keep an eye on things, doesn’t it.

Enjoy your new space, I can hear you buzzing from here!

Off to catch up on the rest of your posts.

Take care

11. Katherines Corner
    January 6, 2012 | 2:58 am

I love visiting your blog. A whole wall to write notes, ideas and doodle, Yes!! Hugs

12. Kate Lewis-Driver
    January 8, 2012 | 6:52 am

i love your ‘sweat shop’ makeover! the blackboard is very striking. i am loving decorating with blackboards and writing up inspiring quotes on them for the family :) Kate x

13. Bespoke Letterpress Boutique
    January 8, 2012 | 8:42 am

Your studio is gorgeous! Can never have too much storage!!